- John looks at the screwed up business model driving the theatrical exhibition industry.
- Following up on the in-theater ad report from last week comes news that frequent movie patrons show up to the theater 16 percent earlier than their occasional counterparts.
- Feature film directors are taking jobs shooting commercials in part because those spots get their work in front of an online audience, and brands are looking for feature film directors to produce high-quality material for multi-platform distribution. So it all works out.
- Video search site Blinkx and indy film distributor Dogwoof.com are partnering to make the company’s movies searchable and viewable online.
- ComingSoon has a description of the trailer for Journey 3-D, which debuted in front of the 3-D re-release of The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- The Iron Man trailer has been snuck onto the end of the Transformers two-disc DVD, appearing after the credits end. It’s the same trailer as before, just on DVD.
The homepage for all things Thilk