After watching “Dollhouse” here’s usually the progression of my thoughts:
- That was so cool
- OK, so let’s figure out how these new revelations fit with what we know already
- OK, so let’s figure out how these new revelations fit with what we know is coming via Epitaph One.
- Why isn’t this the most popular show on TV?
- Wow, this show handles interesting moral issues in a really unique way that provides no clear answers and lots of room for people to think about it themselves and come to their own conclusions and is full of characters who consistently defy expectations.
- #5 is probably the answer to #4.
If you took the last six or seven episodes from the first season (plus the best parts of the other episodes) and all but two or three from season two you’d have one of the finest examples of how to tell a story using the medium of television ever. I’m glad it got more of a run than “Firefly” did but will be sorry to see it go. It also kind of stinks that the final few episodes aren’t on until the middle of January.