Hard not to find some correlation between the Zogby poll that says 2/3rds of people don’t trust mainstream news media anymore and the increasing tendency of news channels to broadcast the theater and banish real news to the “crawl” at the bottom of the screen.
If you, like me, thought I Am Legend kind of fell apart in the last 15 minutes you might enjoy this original ending. It’s being included on the movie’s DVD release but has already hit YouTube.
- BusinessWeek has an interesting to read point/counterpoint on why widgets may or may not be good things for your marketing efforts. I tend to come down on the “may” side of things, but with the realization that like all tools they’re not going to be the best for everyone and even those that can make them work need to approach them carefully. (CT)
- A new Zogby poll says the news audience is increasingly dissatisfied with traditional media efforts and is turning to online sources for their news. (CT)
- Some offices are cracking down on online video watching by employees both because of the productivity that’s seen as being lost and the bandwidth it sucks up. Personally I’d rather have people take a little stress relief by enjoying a little Ask A Ninja then have them just sit there and be miserable. (CT)
- Read/Write Web covers the Graphing Social Patterns conference keynote by Forrester’s Charlene Li on the present and future of the social graph. (CT)
- And speaking of Forrester, Jeremiah Owyang mentions that while a number of major brands have launched their own online communities the discussion of whether to join or create is still an important one to have. I think there is value in both approaches depending on the intent of the company (You do know why you’re doing something, right?) and what outcome you’re looking for. (CT)
- WordPress may be moving to become the foundation of a social network of sites. Not sure what this might look like but it seems intriguing. (CT)
- Congrats to Julia Hood and Keith O’Brien, both of whom got promotions at PR Week to publishing director and editor-in-chief, respectively. (CT)
An upcoming issue of the Buffy: Season 8 comic has Buffy getting tangled in the sheets with another female Slayer.